logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
New Topic Post Reply
Vision Microsystem Inc VM1000
Mv031161
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 03, 2012 10:38:22 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
Man

I just lost my LCD Display backlight in my Giles 202 after a nice electrical burn smell. It looks like I have burned the DPU....Vision Microsystem Inc was purchased by JPI and they discontinued a great product. There is still support but at an elevated price.

I have found a EAA member/pilot/tech in Rhode Island through EBAY from all places who has a stock of parts replacements for VMI products and even a test bench to check the entire system. He is priced reasonable and will be sending my unit for repairs after having receieved a nice trouble shooting procedure from him....Stay put for final results/reports ...

If anyone is in need to have your VMI Monitor, DPU or individual VMI gauges repaired,,,you may want to consider giving this guy a call. He is super nice and a fellow flyer! Reggie Smith (401)741-0863

On a different note.....since I have no space between my pannel and the front backrest seat, I am obligated to have something slim an/or similar to the VM1000.....anyone knows of a system that it is not going to break the piggy bank and works as good as the VM1000?

I wish JPI would come out with a bolt on VM1000 replacement product or the VM1000 units itself again!!!!! ...I know of a few of you that will jump into it right away if available.....
Mitch V
1998 Giles 202 "Primal Fear" s/n G202-0011 N202MK
Former Caretaker/Owner Pitts S2B s/n 5046 N324U Now Down Under
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 09, 2013 3:08:43 PM(UTC)

Groups:

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Mitch,

Am experiencing the same problem myself. Electrical burn smell and display no longer functions. Did repair of your DPU solve the problem?

Thanks, Mark
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 7:55:33 AM(UTC)

Groups:

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Sure did! All ok now
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
Rss Feed  Atom Feed